Saturday, July 11, 2015

Bedwetting in a 38 year old

I have suddenly started to wet my bed. I am a 38 year old female. What should I do?

In general bedwetting starts at a young age and then in most cases spontaneously subsides. About 1-4 percent of children will continue to wet the bed as adults. If bedwetting suddenly starts at an older age, there is usually a cause. Disorders like diabetes and urinary tract infections are common causes. My best advice is to see a urologist and let him/her work you up. Please do not go to a general practitioner-these MDs are incompetent when it comes to dealing with bedwetting. When you have sudden onset of bed wetting you need to find out the cause. In the meantime, drink less water at night and avoid sugar beverages. If you cant get to the bathroom in time, wear a diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment